Everyone, at some point, has faced the problem of pest infestation in their house and despite using various remedies, they still find a way to survive and come back.
Sometimes chemicals like insecticides etc. need to be used to tackle these infestations, and if you ever face this situation in the future, then don’t worry; we have got you covered.
Today’s article is an updated 2021 review of Talstar Professional Insecticide, one of the widely used insecticides in the market.
We will be answering a lot of commonly asked questions like:
How efficient is Talstar Pro?
How does it work? etc.
So let’s get started.
Talstar Professional Insecticide Review
Talstar Professional Insecticide, aka Talstar P, Talstar Pro, Talstar One, etc., is one of the most highly recommended insecticides which many professional exterminators themselves use.
It is the Number 1. trusted brand over the years and has proved its merit repeatedly by carrying out successful and safe pest control and eradication.
Talstar Professional insecticide is approved for multiple user-sites, which means that you can use them anywhere- indoors, outdoors, your kitchen, commercial areas, etc.
It is extremely safe to use and dust-free; it is also water-based, stain-free, and completely odorless; once it dries up, it is impossible to tell where it was sprayed.
It is non-toxic and non-irritating for humans and pets and kills around 75 species of insects with residual properties lasting up to 3 months.
This was just a quick gist, now let’s dig in a little deeper:
How Does It Work?
- Talstar P is a concentrate liquid insecticide.
- Once used, it does not provide an immediate knockdown of pests; in reality, pests garner the residual active component (bifenthrin) by contact and then die swiftly.
- Talstar P is a quick repellent since it acts fast enough on insects and is equally effective as a barrier to keep the pests away if used thoroughly. Also, its residual can last up to 3 months.
Like I mentioned above, Talstar Insecticide protects 75 different species of insects.
Some of the most common ones are fleas, ticks, stink bugs, spiders, bed bugs, scorpions, mosquitoes, ants, cockroaches, crickets, termites, centipedes, bees, millipedes, etc.
It is truly a professional insecticide for all purposes since you don’t have to buy a separate one for different pests; it takes care of all of them.
Effectiveness & Efficiency
The Label of Talstar itself is enough to provide its credibility, but since we are doing a detailed review, it is important to cover all its aspects.
The main ingredient in this pesticide is ‘bifenthrin,’ which is a synthetic pyrethroid.
Pyrethroids work by injuring the insect’s nervous systems, thus weakening them and finally causing death.
It means that this insecticide will kill pests efficiently and quickly.
Also, since the active ingredient, which is ‘bifenthrin’ constitutes up to 7.9% of the Talstar Professional solution, it will be powerful enough to work even when diluted with water.
How Quickly Does It Work:
This depends on the type of insect that you use this pesticide on. But mostly, all insects that come in contact with it die quickly and swiftly.
However, it can take from 20-30 minutes up to a few hours.
Larger insects’ like scorpions, adult centipedes, cockroaches, etc. can sometimes take up to a day or two too but not more than that.
It would be best to use it properly by covering all the cracks and areas and simultaneously giving it time to work.
Where To Use?
This product is multi-purposeful and is ideal for indoors as well as outdoors surfaces.
- For indoor places like residential, industrial & commercial places, greenhouses, food handling establishments like supermarkets, restaurants, etc. can use this insecticide without any danger.
- And for outdoors, areas like lawns and parks, fields, recreational areas, livestock premises, barns, the surface area around structures like exterior sidings, porches, foundations, flowerbeds, etc. can use it without hesitation.
- However, please avoid spraying any insecticide on couches, beds, or anything with mattresses and beddings since they can cause poisoning. No doubt it is safe when it dries, but it is still better to be extra careful.
- And in case you want to use Talstar P as an outdoor termiticide, it is important first to consult a professional and get the necessary licensing required by your state/ country.
How Is It Better From Other Insecticides?
Talstar P is one of the most recommended brands in pest control.
One of the primary reasons is that many insects develop resistance against insecticides, defeating the whole purpose.
Also, the long residual quality and the multi-purpose functionality of this insecticide further increase its value and preferability.
How to Use Talstar Pro
- According to many reviews, employing Talstar formula as a spray or a fogger is one of the most effective ways to use it.
- This pesticide is a concentrated solution that comes in various sizes to meet your requirements; therefore, you need to dilute it before using it.
- Based on what kind of infestation you have, you will have to dilute the Talstar P insecticide accordingly with different amounts of water (Read the label; however, it is usually recommended to use 0.5 floz – 1 floz of Talstar per gallon of water).
- Once diluted, shake the solution well and spray it to your target areas.
- You need to carefully and thoroughly spray around the perimeters of the infestation’s place, cover all the typical entry points like doors, windows, cracks in the walls, around the foundation, etc.
- For indoors, use spot spraying where you think the pests are more likely to hide under sinks, appliances, small crevices, etc.
- However, the insecticide has to dry completely to last long (residual up to 90 days) and work efficiently, therefore avoiding spraying in outdoor areas and surfaces just before rainfall.
- Please make sure that at least 12-24 hours pass before the sprayed area gets exposed to moisture or is wet.
- Also, do not forget to take proper safety measures before using any insecticide.
- Wear protective clothing and glasses, gloves, and respirator because spraying to avoid any chances of chemicals coming in contact with your skin.
- Also, you need to remember that once you are done using the insecticide, ensure that you do not put the bottle under direct sunlight or in extreme temperatures.
- This will not only damage the insecticide solution but also lowers its durability and lifespan.
FAQ about Talstar Pro Insecticide
What Are The Ingredients Of Talstar Pro Multi-Use Insecticide?
Talstar P multi insecticide’s active and main ingredient is bifenthrin; it constitutes 7.9% of the solution.
Bifenthrin is a synthetic pyrethroid and has a unique chemical structure, unlike any other pyrethroids, making it equally effective even when diluted.
These pyrethroids work by injuring the insect’s nervous systems, thus weakening them and finally causing death.
How Long Does Talstar Take To Work?
Talstar takes up to 25-30 minutes to work. However, it depends on the type of insect and the amount of time it takes to come to the treated area.
But once in contact, it kills the pests within 30 minutes to an hour.
Sometimes in the case of bigger pests like scorpions, cockroaches, spiders, etc. it might take up to a few hours or even a day.
But mostly, it kills the insects quickly and smoothly without any hassle.
How To Use Talstar For Mosquito Control?
Talstar is not only a mosquito repellent, but it also kills them effectively, thus avoiding any chances of further breeding.
All you have to do is create a solution of Talstar and water (0.5 floz/1 floz of solution per gallon of water); and spray it in the places you commonly see the mosquitoes like in the backyard, near your furniture, shrubs, bushes, etc.
How To Use Talstar For Bed Bugs?
Just like treating mosquitoes, Talstar can be used for treating bed bugs as well.
In the case of bed bug treatment, use a higher concentration i.e. 1 floz of Talstar per gallon of water, and spray it in all crevices and cracks where the evidence of bed bugs occurs.
Is Talstar Safe For Pets?
Yes, Talstar is safe to use around pets considering that you follow the instructions mentioned on the label diligently.
All pets and even children should be out of the area while the pesticide is being applied/sprayed and should only return after the solution has completely dried.
Is Bifen The Same As Talstar?
Yes, Bifen and Talstar are essentially the same product.
The only difference is that they are made by different manufacturers.
Bifen is more generic and a bit more economical than Talstar, which is considered more a ‘brand name.’
How Long Does Talstar Last?
Talstar is a very effective insecticide that also acts as a repeller because of its residual properties that remains long after it is used.
Talstar P has a residual power of up to 90 days, which kills the insect and prevents their breeding.
How Much Talstar Per Gallon Of Water?
It usually is recommended to use 0.5 floz – 1 floz of Talstar per gallon of water for outdoor and indoor spraying.
However, in case of faster knockdown and longest residual lasting, it is suggested to use 1 floz of Talstar per gallon of water.
There are also instructions available on the back of the label suggesting the quantity of Talstar to be used depending upon the surface area you wish you cover.
What Insects Does Talstar P Kill?
A professional insecticide indeed, Talstar Pro kills and controls over 75 different species of insects ranging from bed bugs, mosquitoes, fleas, crickets, etc. to even larger pests like scorpions, centipedes, cockroaches, and more.
It provides a quick knockdown of even the toughest and ornamental pests.
Exterminate Roaches with Professional Pest Control Services
While the above-mentioned Talsar Pro Insecticide can definitely help you deal with roaches, sometimes you need stronger and potent solutions to a heavy and growing roach infestation.
This is where a licensed exterminator comes into the picture! They can not only effectively eliminate the problem for you but can also ensure that these buggers do not make their way back inside your home.
To know more about this, fill the below-mentioned form to get free multiple quotes from the professional Pest Control Companies in your vicinity so that you can decide which one to hire for your infestation problem.
And don’t worry, all the information that you mention here is 100% safe! Also, by filling the form, at least you’ll know how much you will have to pay if you take the help of your local exterminators.
In today’s times of technological advances where we even have AI and talking robots, we still aren’t immune to pests and their infestation.
However, Talstar Pro is one product that comes pretty close to providing a one-stop solution for all your pest related infestation problems.
It not only kills them but also keeps them at bay, avoiding any further chances of infestation.
However, before using it make sure to carefully read the label behind the bottle and take necessary precautions as instructed to avoid any chances of mishap.