Are you tired of constantly spotting roaches at your home frequently?
And also are not finding the perfect solution to it?
All solutions filled with chemicals and got no perfect solution?
No worries, baking soda can be the answer for this solution.
To some extent, it is better than all the chemicals and toxic substances which are used as roach killers.
So, today, we are going to discuss whether baking soda can kill roaches or not.
So, let’s get started.
Does Baking Soda Kill Cockroaches?
Baking soda can really be effective in killing the roaches. But, it doesn’t work for all. You can try it once before using any other toxic and chemical repellent.
How to Use Baking Soda as a Roach Killer
Baking soda should be used with honey or sugar. It won’t provide any benefit in killing, but, will be used as a trap to attract the roaches. It can be prepared so as to attract the roaches. When the roaches feed on this, the baking soda reacts which creates gas inside the stomach of the roach which in turn cause their stomach to burst. Since other roaches feed on them; they will also acquire the substance and killing them subsequently.
You need to follow these steps to kill the roaches through baking soda at home:
- You can use a small dish or a gallon milk jug lid.
- Now, mix equal parts of both sugar and baking soda in that. This will be your bait.
- Set another dish or lid which is close by which should contain water.
- When you find dead roaches around the bait, replenish the water and bait.
Set these bait and water dishes on the spotted areas. You can set this anywhere around the appliances, cupboards, pantries I.e. the areas which are the most habituated by the roaches.
Does Baking Soda is a Pet Safe Roach killer?
Excess of everything is bad. Similarly putting this as a statement, it can be said that too much of baking soda is strictly not recommended in a high quantity.
To be safe, keep your pets away from the areas where you have sprinkled baking soda.
Precautions or Warnings while using Baking Soda
There are various precautions and warnings which should be kept in mind while handling Baking soda (Sodium Bicarbonate). Some of the precautions which should be taken while using this substance area as follows:
- Wash your eyes with plenty of water if it’s getting irritated. if it’s not helping, a person should seek medical help.
- If the soda is by chance touched by hand, wash skin with plenty of water and soap. In the case, the irritation continues, seek help from the professionals.
- Take proper care that it’s far from the reach of the children and pet present at home.
- If it’s inhaled by mistake, the person should be removed from the open area. If there’s a difficulty in breathing, a person should be taken for proper medical help.
- If it is ingested, drink plenty of water, if the discomfort continues, seek medical attention.
- It should be stored in proper lids in order to avoid direct contact.
These all precautions should be followed while using the soda at your home.
At last, it can be said that baking soda can be a solution if a person doesn’t want to use any chemical and toxic repellents.
The result varies from person to person. So, it cannot really be concluded if the baking soda will definitely help in removing the roaches and killing them in your home.
But, you can always give this method a try. Don’t forget to use sugar or honey in order to attract the roaches.
This method to some extent is also better from the chemical, expensive and toxic product. As it is not really harmful than the toxic substances, it can also be a solution to decrease the infestation at your home.
Remember, the result varies. So, if it’s not providing any benefit, professionals should be called in order to reduce the infestation in your home.
Further to the infestation control by the professional, this method can be used if it’s providing the benefits in repelling and killing the insect.